New computer chair

I've always been a fan of La-Z-Boy office chairs. They tend to be a bit wider than most and their build quality is superior than plastic chairs.

Are Steelcase chairs any good for the price? I was looking at them for my new chair.

Noblechairs has the Epic on Black Friday sale for $250, if it's half as good as my Icon it would be well worth it! Also some Hero models for $300 or less. These are well built high quality chairs for a reasonable price. I have 4 years on the leather Icon and see no reason why it won't last 10 or longer.

https://www.noblechairs.com/en-us/black-friday

Last edited:

I think I paid $140 or so a few years back for it. I find it nice for the price. The wire mesh isn't the softest compared to something like a Herman Miller from what I have read, but it isn't $1000 either. There are a few snags in the wire mesh, but nothing has really come apart. Some of the cushion on the bottom has worn slightly with a few small bits falling out, but nothing that damages the structural integrity. I think it will last another few years. I assumed it was a 5 year chair, and for the price it is a good value. Much more breathable than cheap leather chairs. You can also remove the arm and head rest, which I don't like on chairs.

However if you are taller you may find the chair won't support your back well.

Back