New 3080 which DP in rear do I plug into?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I was lucky to find a eVga XC3 Ultra RTX 3080 in stock at Microcenter today. Anyways, plugged it into my rig, and getting it setup, and doing the nVidia control panel settings, etc...

Silly question, which Display Port in the back should I plug the cable into? It has 3 DP on the rear of the card, does it matter which one I actually connect the cable into?

Not really. There might be an order for deciding which screen the BIOS displays on, or they might just be cloned until Windows loads. I've seen it both ways but don't have a 3xxx so no idea what they do. The other time it matters is if you have multiple screens and want Windows to number them in a particular way. Like goddammit my main screen has to be screen #1 or you want them numbered 1-2-3 left to right.

It doesn't really matter, but I plug it on opposite end of the HDMI. The DP always seems to trigger priority there for me as #1.

There's an on-screen indicator which you can turn on, to make sure that you are getting G-Sync/Freesync with your configuration, as well.

First of all, G-Sync/Freesync have to be activated in your monitors settings. Then the Nvidia driver control panel will show you a section specifically for setting those up (it allows you to activate variable refresh rate for fullscreen, windowed, etc). When you are inside that menu section, go to the top menu bar and select "display". In here, you can now toggle the on screen indicator.

Back