Lenovo working on 8" gaming handheld — Legion Go

Marees

2[H]4U

Lenovo is working on a Windows PC gaming handheld called the 'Legion Go'​

As of right now, there's no indication on timing for official announcements or launch windows.

https://www.windowscentral.com/gami...-on-a-pc-gaming-handheld-called-the-legion-go

According to our (Windows Central) sources, Lenovo is working on a handheld gaming PC dubbed 'Legion Go,' and it will sport Windows 11 for maximum PC gaming compatibility.

According to our information, the Legion Go could sport an 8-inch screen, making it larger than the ASUS ROG Ally or the Steam Deck, both of which have a 7-inch display. PC and console games ported to PC are often designed for larger monitors or even TVs, and on smaller screens, UI elements can be difficult to see, especially if the game doesn't have a UI scaling option. A larger display could give the Legion Go a decent advantage over its competitors if it remains lightweight and balanced, which of course remains to be seen.

I have the AOKZOE A1 pro. The 8 inch screen is great and for my old eyes really needed on these handheld PC's. I did have a GPD win 3 with a 5.5 inch screen and that thing was impossible to see even at 720p. I cant wait to see what the specs for this one are. I would also like to see more clam shell models with good ergonomics.

I would love some DECENT 8 inch android tablets in the US market. Cant stand how the 250-350 range is all just ewaste samsung shit tablets

I would love some DECENT 8 inch android tablets in the US market. Cant stand how the 250-350 range is all just ewaste samsung shit tablets
This will be a handheld like ROG Ally or Steam Deck.... etc...

Honestly two big strikes going for it right off the bat. Windows on Handhelds is not great. Despite being Linux Steam Deck is better at playing games in a hand held format. 2 Price... None of these players can complete with the Deck on price as Valve can afford to sell at cost or even below due to the fact they will make up the difference in Steam sales as a result of the user buying games intended for Deck use. I am not a fan boy but these are just the facts. I welcome competition as it will force Valve to be more aggressive when it comes time for the deck 2

i legit just want good hardware on a decent smaller tablet dont even care about the gaming stuff haha

i legit just want good hardware on a decent smaller tablet dont even care about the gaming stuff haha
Andriod Tablets are dead.... They might make a comeback.... but I have seen some decent Lenovo Tablets with solid specs. Would trust them over anything else. Only other option is Amazon Firetablets with Playstore side loaded

Andriod Tablets are dead.... They might make a comeback.... but I have seen some decent Lenovo Tablets with solid specs. Would trust them over anything else. Only other option is Amazon Firetablets with Playstore side loaded
Samsung still makes ok android tablets. We have an s8+ something or another, the middle one with lte and it works great and has a sd card slot. It's loaded with 60 days of .flac and lots of road, topo, and offroad maps for all of North America on it with room for a few bluray rips.

Last edited:
There is also a 10 inch handheld PC coming out made by a new company I have not heard of TJD

meteorish_08.jpg

Of all the Windows handhelds, I think the Legion Go is the most interesting. Really like its Switch-like detachable sides, the trackpad, and that scroll wheel on the back. My biggest concern is it running Windows, I really think these companies should try to work with Valve to bring Steam OS to their handhelds.

View attachment 593811
https://www.windowslatest.com/2023/...gion-go-specs-confirmed-in-leaked-benchmarks/
The right hand controller can be switched into a vertical mouse mode according to this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hql6doE-Ccw&t=440s

I might get this over the SteamDeck even tho I can do the 32GB mod on the SD.
I'm surprised there aren't any capacities higher than 2TB for 2242 SSDs since 2230s are at 2TBs.
The teardown videos for the Go look nice and the SSD is easier to get at. The 1600p res seems overkill for a near 9in screen.

Legion Go review:

Performance-wise, the Legion Go can handle a wide variety of titles, from less demanding ones like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge or AAA titles like Cyberpunk 2077 and Baldur’s Gate 3. What’s impressive is how the portable can juggle multiple games at once without a hint of slowdown, and how easy it is to switch between said games, even if they’re from different PC storefronts. There is some slowdown and slight freezing in between gameplay, especially loading, but the gameplay itself remains smooth as butter for the most part.

For instance, I tested out the Legion Go with Forza Horizon 5 on both Low and Medium settings. Though the game recommended Low and the framerate was indeed averaging around 59fps, I found that it ran quite well on Medium with ray tracing turned on, averaging out at a still solid 51fps.

I was blown away by how beautiful the car, physics, and environments were while racing – it felt like I was gaming on a laptop for a moment. This was all done on the maximum resolution by the way, and I never felt the need to turn it down, though the option is there in the menu along with decreasing the refresh rate and more.

Pros​

• +Excellent performance
  • +Beautiful display
  • +Great audio quality
  • +Completely customizable
  • +Built-in kickstand
  • +Fully optimized OS

Cons​

• -On the heavier and bulkier side
  • -Some stuttering and freezing
  • -Legion Space is terrible

https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/lenovo-legion-go

SHOULD YOU BUY THE LENOVO LEGION GO?​

Buy the Lenovo Legion Go if...​

You have a huge PC gaming library
If you have an extensive PC game library, especially high spec titles, this is the perfect handheld to play all of them on the go.

You don’t like gaming laptops
This handheld is a great way to get near gaming laptop performance but in a far more portable fashion, and it even comes with a carrying case for added convenience.

You want tons of controller options
There are tons of ways to setup your Legion Go, from keeping the controllers attached to your system, separating them with one in each hand, or even using the FPS mode.

Don't buy it if...​

You want a more portable system
Though it is a PC gaming handheld, it's definitely less portable than the Steam Deck or Asus ROG ally, even with the handy kickstand.

You want long battery life
The Legion Go’s biggest issue is its battery life. Realistically, you’re going to get about three hours of play on a single charge, especially for more intensive titles.

Just got the 512GB yesterday for 600usd since I had an 100 gift card from an earlier purchase. Waiting for my 2280 adapter so I can shove in a larger drive, and will be planning on doing a 32GB RAM mod later down the road.
I'll classify the Go as a gaming Windows tablet since the screen is 8" and the joycons can be removed making it as a thicc girl.
I like how it can stand up on either sides with the kickstand out viewing it in portrait mode.
The dpad needs to be replaced for a taller one, it just sits way to flush.
Not a fan of the bottom USB C since it's useless while on a surface, it should've been towards the middle so maybe can be docked or moved to the top and replaced with a USB A port instead so people use micro thumb drives.
Compared to other systems with removable joycons, the Go's look weak and I feel they might not take much abuse.
The carrying case has a lot of wasted space, especially where the mouse puck is placed, they easily could've made room for the charger and there's a weird dimple between the puck and right joycon I have no idea what's it for. I might buy a cutout holder I see Ali, shame there's nothing that can be done above the screen. Also the case has serious VOCs! I can wait till the smell goes away.

I have yet to activate the Go, trying to find my Windows' account so I'm pretty sure the software won't have major issues since it's patchable.

The pics.....

Attachments

• IMG_20240105_192436360.jpg
    IMG_20240105_192436360.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240105_191941472.jpg
    IMG_20240105_191941472.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Just got the 512GB yesterday for 600usd since I had an 100 gift card from an earlier purchase. Waiting for my 2280 adapter so I can shove in a larger drive, and will be planning on doing a 32GB RAM mod later down the road.
I'll classify the Go as a gaming Windows tablet since the screen is 8" and the joycons can be removed making it as a thicc girl.
I like how it can stand up on either sides with the kickstand out viewing it in portrait mode.
The dpad needs to be replaced for a taller one, it just sits way to flush.
Not a fan of the bottom USB C since it's useless while on a surface, it should've been towards the middle so maybe can be docked or moved to the top and replaced with a USB A port instead so people use micro thumb drives.
Compared to other systems with removable joycons, the Go's look weak and I feel they might not take much abuse.
The carrying case has a lot of wasted space, especially where the mouse puck is placed, they easily could've made room for the charger and there's a weird dimple between the puck and right joycon I have no idea what's it for. I might buy a cutout holder I see Ali, shame there's nothing that can be done above the screen. Also the case has serious VOCs! I can wait till the smell goes away.

I have yet to activate the Go, trying to find my Windows' account so I'm pretty sure the software won't have major issues since it's patchable.
what made you go with this over the Asus ROG or steam OLED? just wondering

Back