Intel ARC A580 Reviews

High hopes for the future of Intel in the arena. Looks like with a bit of effort, they could easily displace AMD currently.

Both Nivdia and AMD have gone "full leather jacket" with regards to pricing. Intel, while maybe not great, at least is delivering "potentially" better value.

I was disappointed by some of the performance reports (inconsistent). I mean, having to have a very very very specific driver across each model of a line.... I mean, sure it's the Nvidia and AMD mantra, but was hoping for something more "sane".

Growing pains? We can hope.

Also, "in the market", when Intel is out there, they almost always deliver better value due to volume, availability and features. I still believe that an Intel CPU + Intel discrete GPU "bundle" in the form of a typical pre-built could really give Intel the leader in overall value by a huge margin.

Good enough gaming PC in a pre-built? I could see it becoming an "Intel only" space. Again, we haven't seen this yet, but logic suggests this.

It's way too late to the party.
Late, but still a fascinating entry, bodes well for the future, 580 is already proving itself as a serious contender at that price point.
The conclusion at the end is promising, if they get their drivers right and fix performance on other titles it'll blow the other competition out of the water. The problem is, the next lineup cards might be ready by then.
The progress made with drivers so far is impressive, at the very least they are showing that they are fully committed to competing in the market. Arc is a big deal for Intel, a lot of consumers, myself included, took a gamble on their cards because we want to see them succeed, we want the GPU market to get shaken up, AMD has been very uninspiring, seemingly content with being second place in a 2 horse race, let's see how they feel about potentially falling to third behind the new kid.

If Intel plays this right they will bank a lot of good will among the early adopters as well as convincing others to perhaps take the plunge when the next generation comes out.

Late, but still a fascinating entry, bodes well for the future, 580 is already proving itself as a serious contender at that price point.

The progress made with drivers so far is impressive, at the very least they are showing that they are fully committed to competing in the market. Arc is a big deal for Intel, a lot of consumers, myself included, took a gamble on their cards because we want to see them succeed, we want the GPU market to get shaken up, AMD has been very uninspiring, seemingly content with being second place in a 2 horse race, let's see how they feel about potentially falling to third behind the new kid.

If Intel plays this right they will bank a lot of good will among the early adopters as well as convincing others to perhaps take the plunge when the next generation comes out.
Obvious bios. So over the top and of a non reality.

All I can say is competition is good. The low end offerings this gen are an insult. Who remembers when $249 got you damn near top-tier performance? Pepperidge Farm fuckin' remembers...

I remember when $350 usually always got you second best with a Nvidia card.
I was more referring to the Ti 4200 and 8800 GT. Both were budget performance cards that punched way above their weight. And that wasn't that long ago. 5-10 years? You say $350 for second best, I think GTX 970.

I was more referring to the Ti 4200 and 8800 GT. Both were budget performance cards that punched way above their weight. And that wasn't that long ago. 5-10 years? You say $350 for second best, I think GTX 970.
8800GTS 512mb - 9800GTX - GTX 470 - GTX 570 - GTX 670 which I owned at one time, I wouldn't even be able to get a 4060 at that now days smh.

All I know is that you can get a picture of the box that holds a 4090 for a lot less.
Well... Judging from my 3080 FE box, I bet it's very nice. I'm sure we'd all rather have the expensive piece of hardware inside it, though :D

8800GTS 512mb - 9800GTX - GTX 470 - GTX 570 - GTX 670 which I owned at one time, I wouldn't even be able to get a 4060 at that now days smh.
Sadly, no. The 4060 series is a sick joke at the expense of the unwitting and unknowing. If it'd have been as fast as a 3070 Ti or 3080 I wouldn't be so harsh. The 60 series used to be a decent value proposition, and well... Not anymore.

5-10 years?....

Try 21 years for the gf4 ti4200 and 16 years for the 8800gt.

5-10 years?....

Try 21 years for the gf4 ti4200 and 16 years for the 8800gt.
I remember. The Ti 4200 was 2002 and the 8800 GT was 2007. I've had both GPUs. I shouldn't have said the 5 part. It's been at least 9 since the 970 launched. The 1060 filled the $300-350 slot with Pascal, thus the end of second best for $350 or less.

I am back on my A 770 with the 4887 driver, Forspoken and Starfield are now running for me and stable, work on the desktop power draw is my only real issue for now, the A 580 should turn out to be a torn to AMD and Nvidia if the price slaps down a bit, they can now stop making the RX 6400 / RX 6500 and RTX 3050 as to just be a waste of money.

The issue with reviewing Intel Arc video cards is they always show you an all Intel system, and AMD is never thought of with AM4 and 5 socket running the same hardware and driver.

Starfield on AM4

View: https://youtu.be/-N9M7cVIiAI?si=OzXEh2ShE2oi1dFD

Last edited:
Im happy to see another contender. I wish Intel well in this market.

Back