History page getting turn with the 1060 under the 3060 (desktop+laptop)

The GTX 1060 6GB was released on July 29th, 2016. Given that it is still selling this well in 2022, I think that it is fair to say that the GTX 1060 has enjoyed a longer life than some video game consoles. Times certainly have changed, it wasn't that long ago that a card more than 2 years old was considered a paper weight even if it was a high-end or enthusiast gpu. Let's not even talk about the shelf-life that entry level cards equivalent to the GTX 1060 had back in those days.

I have a GTX 1060 (for sale actually) and it's a total champ. Played The Quarry on my HTPC really well. Great little card.

In that line of thought, they released a non small niche video game that do not get close to be able to achieve to lock 30FPS at 1080p Medium setting with a 1060 6GB on a 5950x:

And does not really does it at low either. Staying above 60 FPS require to go at 540p Low setting.

Maybe performance patch away to not be an issue, but we could see a turn of the page were PS4/1060 6gb get just simply completely left behind by some dev.

Back