[H] and CSGO. Pub, competitive, or casual.

BravO)))

Supreme [H]ardness
If you like pubbing, casual, or whatever... Let's get together and play some. If you are interested in running a competitive group for [H]ard, let Locolaptop or myself know as we can work out something. We will try to have a server up day one, but it doesn't mean we can't play else where. We have a TS3 server that you can hop on and talk some shit. Come the weekends get drunk and talk even more shit. Most importantly have fun. Sound off if you guys are interested.

Last edited:
Sign me up. Hope it goes better than the bf3 disaster. Just got CS:GO last night, I'll try and get on tonight.

I haven't got the game yet since I'm in the middle of a move, but I'm interested and will have the game in mid-September.

Loco is in the process of setting us up with a new home. Him or I will let you guys know once it is up.

A buddy of mine setup a CSGO server: Conquest CS:GO classic competitive 32 slot server - IP: 69.46.46.43:27015 - Seattle - dust, aztec, dust2, train, inferno, nuke He's still configuring it but have at it :D

A buddy of mine setup a CSGO server: Conquest CS:GO classic competitive 32 slot server - IP: 69.46.46.43:27015 - Seattle - dust, aztec, dust2, train, inferno, nuke He's still configuring it but have at it :D

In Seattle, (Well Federal Way at least) I will jump on when home from work. I don't know, maybe it's a bad case of "not gaming for a long time" but I'm looking forward this shooter.

Thanks to loco for setting it up. Here we go. 24.233.166.220:27015

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind this is a temp IP, the server will be moved to a data center shortly.

Keep in mind this is a temp IP, the server will be moved to a data center shortly.

Are you hosting it at home right now? If so I have some configuration questions because i have a CSS server right now, but the tick drops and when people die they don't die right away. The server is on a home fiber connection that gets average 50Mbps Up/Down with a minumum of like 30Mbps. But I am wanting to move that over to a GO server here in the next few months after my team moves to GO. But I don't want any issues. Let me know, thanks.

Are you hosting it at home right now? If so I have some configuration questions because i have a CSS server right now, but the tick drops and when people die they don't die right away. The server is on a home fiber connection that gets average 50Mbps Up/Down with a minumum of like 30Mbps. But I am wanting to move that over to a GO server here in the next few months after my team moves to GO. But I don't want any issues. Let me know, thanks.

I didnt change anything in settings other then max_fps 1000 (which gives me 500 but w/e) and I'm on a 30/3 cable connection. 20 people avg out to 2.2mbps also I running this on windows server 2012 rc, which is running beautifully.

I didnt change anything in settings other then max_fps 1000 (which gives me 500 but w/e) and I'm on a 30/3 cable connection. 20 people avg out to 2.2mbps also I running this on windows server 2012 rc, which is running beautifully.

What... I tried to run my source server on my 30/3 cable at my apartment and everyone had bad ping. The server is running on XP, but that shouldn't make that big of a difference, should it?

What... I tried to run my source server on my 30/3 cable at my apartment and everyone had bad ping. The server is running on XP, but that shouldn't make that big of a difference, should it?

When I ran source it could never do more then 15 before it lagged. I think they did something is csgo cause its working fine with 20 people so far.

I did notice (unrelated) that csgo will use 2 cpu's instead of 1.

When I ran source it could never do more then 15 before it lagged. I think they did something is csgo cause its working fine with 20 people so far.

I can't do more than 2 at my apartment lol. I don't understand what is wrong with it, it is an old Dell workstation, two socket 478 3.0ghz processors, 3GB DDR, 74GB 15k SCSI, but still that's what was running the servers back when source came out.

I can't do more than 2 at my apartment lol. I don't understand what is wrong with it, it is an old Dell workstation, two socket 478 3.0ghz processors, 3GB DDR, 74GB 15k SCSI, but still that's what was running the servers back when source came out.

Thats old upgrade. :p

Running with a core i3 2100, 4gb 1333 ram, corsair p128 ssd.

Thats old upgrade. :p

Running with a core i3 2100, 4gb 1333 ram, corsair p128 ssd.

Ugh, I was afraid you would say that. Well I am sure I can get my hands on something that will run better. I got Win Server 2008 R2 that I should use lol. What would you recommend for a server? I have an E4500, and 4GB 800mhz RAM and a 120GB SeaGate Barracuda 7200rpm 8MB cache to work with.

That should run it just fine.

Ok, thanks. Time to shop around for some crap. Just need a case, psu, and mobo :). Glad I got some play money to do this with lol.

EDIT: How do you have your network setup? Just a simple router and modem? My brother has an Engenius esr9850 router and I am kind of wondering if that might be part of the issue. Or would any router be just fine?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. Time to shop around for some crap. Just need a case, psu, and mobo :). Glad I got some play money to do this with lol.

EDIT: How do you have your network setup? Just a simple router and modem? My brother has an Engenius esr9850 router and I am kind of wondering if that might be part of the issue. Or would any router be just fine?

I got 2 30/3 connections at home. so I just used a modem straight to the server.

It's running pretty good. I was expecting "128" ticks. (I wouldn't really know the difference anyways... I just like large numbers lol)

Cant figure out why I keep crashing 15 minutes into CS GO with NVsurround with the latest drivers. Driving me crazy. Anyone crashing out of the game after about 15-20 minutes of play @ triple monitor resolutions like 5760x1080 ? It literally locks up the entire PC and I have to manually power down and back up.

Cant figure out why I keep crashing 15 minutes into CS GO with NVsurround with the latest drivers. Driving me crazy. Anyone crashing out of the game after about 15-20 minutes of play @ triple monitor resolutions like 5760x1080 ? It literally locks up the entire PC and I have to manually power down and back up.

I would just run a clean install rather than fuck with it.

turn nvsurround off?

I got 2 30/3 connections at home. so I just used a modem straight to the server.

Ah, yeah I only have one connection and same with my brother, but hes got the 50 up/down fiber, so it will have to be behind the router. I think next time I go to my brothers place I'm going to setup a VPN so I can access the server from my apartment. Is there a guide that you used to setup the GO server?

Not sure if I read correctly, but is the server located in Seattle? I'm hoping to be able to play in the next week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I read correctly, but is the server located in Seattle? I'm hoping to be able to play in the next week or two.

Ours is not, It's in Florida in my house until I bring it to work. (I work in a data center.)

I think I'm going to pick this up next weekend. Never really played CS:S, only the original Counter-Strike.

I'm going to have to practice not run-and-gunning...

It's my style of play for FPS'es... but in CS it's way too volatile. I usually end-up dead within 20 seconds for 5 rounds. Then in 1 round I'll kill 5 guys.

I just hate "waiting" for action... When is it camping compared to strategy?

It's my style of play for FPS'es... but in CS it's way too volatile. I usually end-up dead within 20 seconds for 5 rounds. Then in 1 round I'll kill 5 guys.

Your experiencing the pub problem. If you play competitively the game is played properly where the CT's camp and the T's rush. Not everyone cluster f*cking all over the place. It is a very strategic game. Maybe I am missing the point of your post, but it sounds like to me a deathmatch server is more your style where you never have to wait. Those kill streaks are normal and same with getting blasted right away, there are ways to negate the getting blasted away instantly, but in pubs it is quite difficult without waiting around for a while so your team mates can die off and you can actually maneuver.

Try the "Arms Race" game mode. Same great gunplay, much more action packed. Not really a skill mode, but very, very enjoyable :) (Also decent for learning most of the weapons).

Yes, I played Arms race for the first 10 hours hehe. It is more my style.

But I do want to put some time in on casual servers to get better at normal CS. I just need to control myself and not run through a door when I know there are 4 guys on the other side.

Back