Feature Proposal: Touchscreen-as-Trackpad Mode for Steam Deck

MrGoose

n00b
Hello everyone,

I'm an enthusiastic Steam Deck user, and I've been thinking: What if we could use the Steam Deck's touchscreen as a large multitouch trackpad, similar to how laptop trackpads work or Steam Link on phone? This could add a new dimension to how we interact with the Deck in desktop mode, making it more versatile and user-friendly.

This feature could be especially beneficial for:

- Improved precision in desktop mode.
- Enhanced user experience when navigating through menus or web browsing.
- Greater accessibility for users who find direct touchscreen or small trackpad interaction less convenient.

I haven't found any existing discussions or KDE mods that address this, so I thought it'd be great to bring this up in our community. Would love to hear your thoughts and if anyone else thinks they'd find this useful. Let's discuss the potential of making this a reality!

Mr. Goose out!

I agree with him, this is something to pester Valve about. You need to prove you're [h]ard before you make the claim ;).
Fair play :p To be totally honest I was hoping generating some traffic on a few different forums might just get it in front of someone with more pull. You never know until you put it out there.
welcome to [H]!
Helloo!

ps. did I miss the meeting about arthurian usernames? 🤺

Fair play :p To be totally honest I was hoping generating some traffic on a few different forums might just get it in front of someone with more pull. You never know until you put it out there.

Helloo!

ps. did I miss the meeting about arthurian usernames? 🤺
my little bro gave it to me in '97 before he passed away, been using it since. at some point in the early 00s someone stole it so i had to add the "1". if you see pendragon1 or thependragon1 anywhere, it's most likely me.

Back