Fallout 4

Anyone handy with the Fallout 4 ini?

I'm trying to make the UI a bit smaller so it isn't outside of the resolution I'm using. I'm thinking it may be the following. Annoying as hell lol.

[Interface]
fDefaultWorldFOV=70
fDefault1stPersonFOV=80
fSafeZoneX=15.0
fSafeZoneY=15.0
fSafeZoneXWide=64.0
fSafeZoneYWid=36.0
fSafeZoneXWide16x10=64.0
fSafeZoneYWide16x10=36.0

View attachment 651112
Use this mod to fix the UI for 32:9 if you're running it at 3840x1080.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56363

Having never touched the later content, I'm enjoying the Vault 88 section of the game. There's a lot to do, the storyline is pretty amusing, and they're throwing tons of bosses, building materials, and XP at me.
I think the zaniness that occurs in Fallout 3 and Oblivion has me scared to go too far into the main story, lol. I haven't even touched it (minus Concord) and am already level 20.

Having never touched the later content, I'm enjoying the Vault 88 section of the game. There's a lot to do, the storyline is pretty amusing, and they're throwing tons of bosses, building materials, and XP at me.
I think the zaniness that occurs in Fallout 3 and Oblivion has me scared to go too far into the main story, lol. I haven't even touched it (minus Concord) and am already level 20.

Recommended:

Follow the distress beacons for lost troops but don't go to the final location until later in the game.

Recommended:

Follow the distress beacons for lost troops but don't go to the final location until later in the game.

Good to know. I think I have that mission on my list. It's been so long since I've played that I don't remember what's what. I remember the Brotherhood of Steel airship, Fenway park, and the Enclave complexes but I have zero recollection what led me to any of those things. I think it's because all 4 of the 3D Fallouts of have kinda blended together in my head.

Good to know. I think I have that mission on my list. It's been so long since I've played that I don't remember what's what. I remember the Brotherhood of Steel airship, Fenway park, and the Enclave complexes but I have zero recollection what led me to any of those things. I think it's because all 4 of the 3D Fallouts of have kinda blended together in my head.

Fallout 3: Enclave Northwest corner

Fallout NV: West, Northwest

Fallout 4: Added by mod

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Fired this up for shits and giggles and holy moly, it runs at a solid 144 FPS! I remember not finishing the game way back when, due to frustrating physics issues that came with forcing >60FPS. Kind of shelved and forgot about it. Now it's buttery smooth on a big OLED TV and suddenly I want to play a fresh new game. First need to figure how to expand the FOV and then I'll be back traversing the wasteland once again!

Fired this up for shits and giggles and holy moly, it runs at a solid 144 FPS! I remember not finishing the game way back when, due to frustrating physics issues that came with forcing >60FPS. Kind of shelved and forgot about it. Now it's buttery smooth on a big OLED TV and suddenly I want to play a fresh new game. First need to figure how to expand the FOV and then I'll be back traversing the wasteland once again!
The physics issues are still there, along with the audio issues, door issues, lock picking etc.etc.etc. on anything over 75fps ;)

The physics issues are still there, along with the audio issues, door issues, lock picking etc.etc.etc. on anything over 75fps ;)

Well there goes the piss in my cheerios mate! I knew this must have been too good to be true. I should have played past the first few minutes before running here with my excitement lol. So busy right now but was going to get into it this weekend. Thanks for saving me another headache after the one I got 8-ish years ago :depressed:

Well there goes the piss in my cheerios mate! I knew this must have been too good to be true. I should have played past the first few minutes before running here with my excitement lol. So busy right now but was going to get into it this weekend. Thanks for saving me another headache after the one I got 8-ish years ago :depressed:
It won't kill you to play @ 60fps. :p
Or wait till the high fps mod from the Nexus works again, when the updated F4SE gets released.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798

Last edited:
What resolution are you guys playing at?

3840x1080 I'm seeing 48-50fps pretty solid. Feels weird....almost like there is a vsync override taking place in the background somewhere even though I don't think I have it enabled.

What resolution are you guys playing at?

3840x1080 I'm seeing 48-50fps pretty solid. Feels weird....almost like there is a vsync override taking place in the background somewhere even though I don't think I have it enabled.
I don't think there is a menu option for V-Sync. It is the iPresentInterval variable in the config file.

0 = off
1 = screen refresh rate
2 = half screen refresh rate

Note that this setting is ignored in windowed/borderless windowed mode.

I use 3840x2160. I force V-Sync on with G-SYNC and the FPS limit to 60 both in the NVIDIA control panel.

What the [H]ell did Bethesda due to Fallout 4? I have 5,887.4 hours into the game and using the same settings I've used prior to the latest update there's hitching every 2 or 3 minutes. The spot where the Courser is during a quest is back to lagfesting again as my character approaches the location.

I'll deep dive into what is causing the issue by starting with lowering shadows then go from there. As it stands right now the update is pathetic.

Also, it seems some of the mutated animals seemed to have been given a buff. I've never had to battle a Deathclaw more than 30 to 40 seconds prior. Now it is battling the beasts for close to two minutes before the bastards hit the dirt with my character dying several times during. Raiders seemed to have been given a buff as well but not as much as the mutated aminals.

On a more positive note, I do like the makeshift weapons. Saw blade shooter is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

The level scaling is odd. It might've always been like this, but I'm definitely noticing it in this replay. I ran into a glowing ghoul that literally took 10 minutes of running around, 20 molotovs, 10 grenades, 200 rounds of minigun fire, and probably 20-30 rounds of 38, 308, and 10mm rounds each. It was a mission and he was the goal, so I had to kill him, too. Most hits weren't even registering any change to his lifebar. Yet 2-3 levels later I fought a Legendary Alpha Deathclaw with the same exact weapons and tore through him in about 30 seconds.

What the [H]ell did Bethesda due to Fallout 4? I have 5,887.4 hours into the game and using the same settings I've used prior to the latest update there's hitching every 2 or 3 minutes. The spot where the Courser is during a quest is back to lagfesting again as my character approaches the location.

I'll deep dive into what is causing the issue by starting with lowering shadows then go from there. As it stands right now the update is pathetic.

Also, it seems some of the mutated animals seemed to have been given a buff. I've never had to battle a Deathclaw more than 30 to 40 seconds prior. Now it is battling the beasts for close to two minutes before the bastards hit the dirt with my character dying several times during. Raiders seemed to have been given a buff as well but not as much as the mutated aminals.

On a more positive note, I do like the makeshift weapons. Saw blade shooter is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

isn't there a thing about weapon debris or something that is murdering performance?

I'm not aware of there being any gameplay changes. This was visual/whatever only. The game seems exactly the same as I remember the vanilla unmodded version being outside of the marginal bugfixes and new items they put in.

Did they make load times any faster. I installed a copy of the GOTY version without the newest patch from GOG on my PC. The load times are painfully slow.

Did they make load times any faster. I installed a copy of the GOTY version without the newest patch from GOG on my PC. The load times are painfully slow.
Problem is that the game load is tied to FPS. With this new version there is no way currently to fix it unless you want to play with high FPS which will break the game. There are mods that basically boost FPS just during loading, but most mods don’t work with this latest update. So you pretty much just have to deal with it unless you want to roll back to the prior update from years ago.

Back