EVGA just sent me a brand new 1300 GT PSU, should I replace my current Vetroo 1000 PSU with it?

Wag

[H]ard|Gawd
My old (8yrs) EVGA 1300 G2 Gold was making all sorts of strange noises in my new 7900x/7900xtx build so I purchased a Vetroo 1000 because it got good reviews on Blurbusters and was only $110. Seems more than adequate but I think there is a tiny bit of coil whine (can’t hear it over the 7900xtx tho). It’s also ATX 5.0 so I’m future proofed.

The old G2 was just sitting here so I decided to just RMA cross-ship it back because I wasn’t using it. To my surprise EVGA sent me what looks like a brand new 1300 GT, in a retail box, with all the accessories (cables, etc) even though they said they would send back a refurbished PSU only, with no cables. Unfortunately I doubt I could sell it because they automatically pre-registered it to me so it would only be covered for 2 yrs under the old warranty.

So, would I be better off replacing the Vetroo with the EVGA? Both use liquid bearing fans, but the Vetroo has two 12pin ports so is ready if/when I decide to upgrade. The Vetroo has a 10yr warranty as well (god knows if either company will even be around in 1yr let alone 10). Not even sure if th EVGA is a better PSU overall.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Folly
like this
I'd consider selling the EVGA as new/unopened, they retail at £350-£390, so a brand new and boxed unit should easily fetch around £300.

I'd consider selling the EVGA as new/unopened, they retail at £350-£390, so a brand new and boxed unit should easily fetch around £300.
Well, I live in the US- It's selling for $200 new on Amazon- but of course you get the 7yr warranty with that (at this rate I highly doubt EVGA will be around even in 2yrs). I can put it on ebay I guess- Shipping will probably cost at least $25, then I will have to take money off for the incomplete warranty (which I will have to explain is because it's a RMA exchange) I will be lucky to break even with the $120 I spent for the Vetroo.

I can put it up on the FS forum I guess- I opened the box to see if it was complete but everything inside it is still sealed. At least the 2yr warranty is transferable.

Edit- New or not, I don’t think the warranty is transferable on RMA’d products. If that’s the case nobody will want to buy it.

Last edited:
Back