EK in hot water again?

If a fraction of what Steve says is true, his (and Jayz2cents) earlier comments about EK being able to recover from this are just not possible. Some of that stuff is the kind of thing that puts people in jail.

Steve should have just been an attorney. I think he's getting bored of hardware and needs much juicer content coverage to satiate his journalistic appetite. He's basically the tech industry police at this point lol.

And that is part of why people will keep buying GN merch because neither Fox nor OAN nor CNN nor MSNBC are likely to cover this type of news.
I bought both sets of coasters, they're really nice, super high quality and I use them all the time.

People sure leave out details when they say "use a silver kill coil". Silver should not be used in any loops containing nickel plated blocks, but yes would work absolutely fine if just bare copper blocks.

No I wouldn't say money has been wasted for additives. A bottle of Inhibitor+ and Hades+ last forever since you only need about 4 drops each per gallon and then periodically top up the reservoir with 1 drop each.
Thanks for clarifying that. Going to be doing a new build, so will go this direction.

Long watch but some good info. Now if he’d just hang back on the personal opinions it would seem like more accurate journalism. They did a lot of research for this video. Good watch
He did hang back on his opinions. He makes sure to get the facts and legal opinions in the first 90% of the video and puts his opinions at the very end, so his personal feelings are not getting in the way of the actual journalism part.

I've been a fan of EKWB products for years. After DangerDen fell out, I was out of the PC game for a bit. When I came back, EK was the tits and other than a Bitspower and a TechN block, its all I've owned for the last 15+ years. But, when a company does shitty things to their people, their suppliers, and fucks over the taxpayer...fuck 'em. Doing shitty things to your people is the worst part.

I haven't turned on my gaming PC in probably six months. I have absolutely zero plans for another build anytime in the next year+. But when I do, EK won't be included.

1. With the AIO market rapidly improving , a need for a custom loop is fading fast. All components have MTBF from Aestech to D5 pumps.
I used to run a nano characterization center and our XRD/XRF instruments had Haskris R100C chiller systems and the pumps were composed of solid brass impellers and they had a definite life span.
When they fail all you would find is brass shavings in the cooler enclosure floor pan. About 5K a piece for a new chiller. Cost of new Xray tube 50K. Plumbed into cold treated water from univ cooling tower.
My NZXT AIO plastic impeller pump lasted longer than the professional grade ones in the Haskris too much stress, brass is soft.
2. Same thing happened with EVGA .
3. EK issues are complex from the supply chain to the sheer number of WC/PC components they provide. Not one size block fits all with GPUs etc. Plus binning has made OC efforts less of a factor now.

1. With the AIO market rapidly improving , a need for a custom loop is fading fast. All components have MTBF from Aestech to D5 pumps.
I used to run a nano characterization center and our XRD/XRF instruments had Haskris R100C chiller systems and the pumps were composed of solid brass impellers and they had a definite life span.
When they fail all you would find is brass shavings in the cooler enclosure floor pan. About 5K a piece for a new chiller. Cost of new Xray tube 50K. Plumbed into cold treated water from univ cooling tower.
My NZXT AIO plastic impeller pump lasted longer than the professional grade ones in the Haskris too much stress, brass is soft.
2. Same thing happened with EVGA .
3. EK issues are complex from the supply chain to the sheer number of WC/PC components they provide. Not one size block fits all with GPUs etc. Plus binning has made OC efforts less of a factor now.
Point #3 about overclocking is why Der8auer got out of the business of selling tested and proven binned chips. I think they should just mass produce blocks for reference cards and do periodic crowdfunding for a fixed number of particular AIB blocks. They would have to renegotiate with their suppliers, but it would help in solving the inventory and cash issues.

Jayz moving away from EK. Pretty much going with what I have on my main system, HWL rads and an Optimus blocks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7c_HvnoUY

I'm not a huge fan of Jay independent of this, but Optimus blocks are well regarded last I checked, perhaps some of the best of the best. Their Signature V3 blocks are insane, and their res combo units were some of the best in their style; Optimus is also made in the USA which is nice to see. Alternately, I hear that if you want distroplates and other large liquid cooling features, res etc..and pretty much anything made out of plexi or glass... Singularity Computers is a top tier alternative. An Australian company, they also make VERY purpose built (though nice looking) water cooling cases where the whole damn thing is a distribution plate-, therre's an integrated power board so you don't need cables very often, hardlines everywhere you want them etc. https://singularitycomputers.com/product/spectre-4-aevum-limited-edition-water-cooling-case/ - note this is the most maxed out latest special edition, but they make other cases and individual liquid components too.

Back