Close slack ?

Future of conspiracy slack

• Close that damn noisy thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChristianVirtual

[H]ard DCOTM x3
should we now close the slack channel ? To avoid getting lost in communication or leave it open

No one's replied to it since the 17th, so it doesn't appear to be used at this point.

My main trouble with this password protected sub channel is that my password is never remembered properly and I have to get it manually to c&p

Slack is also faster to get help, step by step, share pictures. etc.

The PW for this channel should be changed to something alittle more remember-able

Well... it can remain up until there is a better solution. The problem is... we need something everyone will pick up and use. I'm not sure if people want to create yet another account somewhere. It was nice to get notifications on my phone, but I'm wondering if there isn't better alternatives for that kind of setup. I had mentioned using Discord as many gamers have switch to it from Team speak. I don't know of its limitations yet as I haven't played with it, but it seems to possibly be a bit more modern than Slack. And the likelihood of people having an account already due to gaming may be a bonus. This decision doesn't have to be made over night but it would be nice to get it ironed out and tested before the next big challenge we support. Other than the Formula-BOINC sprints and the PrimeGrid challenge series the next big one on the books for us is the SETI.Wow Event!. I for one won't put a lot of stock into that challenge because:
1. I think the "science" they are doing is a huge waste of time. It is just too limited.
2. August is typically still a bit warm and I don't want to keep cooking hardware unless the science is "worthy".

So, after that there really isn't a big one on the books until November. But if anyone wants to iron things out sooner to take it for a few test runs, I'm fine with that. Also, Kyle doesn't have to sign off on ANY of it unless we use his Trademarked logo in some way.

Im not a fan of discord either. But then again I still prefer Teamspeak.

The password can easily be changed.

Give me a password and I can change it.

CV, are you also a member of Genmay and use the password to the NSFW forums? If so, that's why it wont save your password correctly unless you give up that password. I also have to keep c&p each time I want to come in here.

I'm not a fan of signing/setting up other accounts for communication. It took me this long to branch out into other BOINC projects. Others on the team will most likely feel the same. It's just too much work.

For this private forum? Works for me. I'm sick of C&P'ing that cryptic string o'text.

I'll ask Kyle to change the password in a few days. Make sure everyone knows it before I do.

Back