Brightness in PS?

Regime|Life

[H]F Junkie
Whenever I open a pic in PS it's brighter then normally shown in in winXP.

Anyone know how to show it exactly as in XP?

Thanks

Noone is EVER clear whether they mean PaintShop or PhotoShop when they use that acronym, so I'll assume you mean Photoshop?

When you initially installed Photoshop, did you do the color calibration that it asks you to do with your monitor, by chance?

Originally posted by royjr
Noone is EVER clear whether they mean PaintShop or PhotoShop when they use that acronym, so I'll assume you mean Photoshop?

When you initially installed Photoshop, did you do the color calibration that it asks you to do with your monitor, by chance?

Photoshop. Actually no I didn't get a color calibration thing when I installed it... I know I should. It's weird...

I'm using PS 7.0

Ok,....when you say that you're "Opening a pic in WinXP", what program is it? Do you mean the folder's "filmstrip" mode to view pics in XP? Or, are you using a 3rd party viewer (like I am) ??

Personally, I view pics with ACDSee 4.0. It's also where I print images from for the closest reproduction of color to match what it is I see on the monitor.

Originally posted by royjr
Ok,....when you say that you're "Opening a pic in WinXP", what program is it? Do you mean the folder's "filmstrip" mode to view pics in XP? Or, are you using a 3rd party viewer (like I am) ??

Personally, I view pics with ACDSee 4.0. It's also where I print images from for the closest reproduction of color to match what it is I see on the monitor.

Yea I just open it up in the windows picture viewer or whatever the hell its' called.

Back