ASUS Rog Swift 32 inch PG32UCDM with 31.5″ QD-OLED Panel, 4K 240hz

This demonstrates when the HDR400 mode is significantly brighter than the HDR1000 mode. Also, I trust this guys EOTF measurements vs HWUnboxed. This tracks consistently with all other Asus OLED's in that it is too dark down low and over brightened up top which I think is something Asus does intentionally because they think its visually pleasing.

View: https://youtu.be/RJaq8k4rKtY?si=62hf8r6UpWX803nX&t=399

Isn't MUB showing almost the same result though?

1713217528181.png

Nah I think there is a pretty significant difference between the two in terms of grey which is most noticeable in my opinion. Its what made the PG42UQ look super contrasty and generally worse next to the 42C2 especially with dark detail.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 204026.png

Have been comparing my new PG32UCDM to my ungimped LG OLED C2 for 2 days now and despite the obvious differences the PQ is actually very similar. Even side by side in clone mode, I am struggling to find any real differences besides the raised blacks on the QD OLED in bright rooms (which is mostly visible in a side by side). Of course there is a PPI difference as well, but having the same resolution, it is more a matter of viewing distance, and with the C2 being wall mounted and the PG32UCDM on its stand, the relative size is basically the same in my current setup. There are also the 120 vs 240 hz difference, but that is kind of what expected and more of a personal preference how you value that. In desktop mode the C2 seems a tad bit brighter to me as well.

Should add that I have mostly been doing SDR so far and probably 80% productivity so far. Have updated FW BTW.

Given I sit 2-3 feet away, I don't have any issues of brightness or colors. QD OLEDs are typically higher in saturation and that is evident here as well but there are enough options to adjust it.

Have been comparing my new PG32UCDM to my ungimped LG OLED C2 for 2 days now and despite the obvious differences the PQ is actually very similar. Even side by side in clone mode, I am struggling to find any real differences besides the raised blacks on the QD OLED in bright rooms (which is mostly visible in a side by side). Of course there is a PPI difference as well, but having the same resolution, it is more a matter of viewing distance, and with the C2 being wall mounted and the PG32UCDM on its stand, the relative size is basically the same in my current setup. There are also the 120 vs 240 hz difference, but that is kind of what expected and more of a personal preference how you value that. In desktop mode the C2 seems a tad bit brighter to me as well.

Should add that I have mostly been doing SDR so far and probably 80% productivity so far. Have updated FW BTW.

You are struggling to find any meaningful difference because there is none.

1713286881360.png

The only time QD-OLED has a significant difference in color brightness over WOLED is at 5% APL or lower which is almost useless. In 90% of HDR content you are not going to perceive a major difference in color brightness between the two. The main reason why many people, myself included, went for these QD-OLEDs is for the combination of coating, screen size, PPI, and refresh rate.

If I can calibrate the SDR range to 140nits, then have the rest of the range scale to 400nits, I'm happy.

I don't get the appeal of squinting.

Back