Arc at 1 year - GN

It's now been a couple of months since I experienced any issues related to performance or general functionality, every game and application I use works fine, I'm extremely happy and it has proved to be a good upgrade from the 1660S for my particular needs. The only problem I have is the Acer Bifrost app stopped working after the most recent driver updates, but I only ever used that for controlling the RGB.

The hardware was clearly decent from the start, only the software held them back, but It's fair to say that Intel have done well turning that around. Assuming they learn the right lessons and nail the Battle Mage launch they'll need to be taken seriously as a player in the GPU marketplace.

For the the first time we'll have three viable competitors fighting it out for our cash, that has to be great news for everyone. It's going to be interesting to see how this affects pricing, especially in the budget to mid range space, assuming Intel targets that area again. How the others respond will be telling, they'll no longer have the monopoly on compatibility and consumer confidence, and as the underdog Intel has only goodwill behind them, with none of the legacy resentment/disappointment that the other two have been so busily stockpiling.

Last edited:
Back