Alternative (cheaper!) to Autonomous For Motorized Standing Desk? Also, Has Anything Beaten the Aeron Yet?

Kevin5255

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, I am awfully jealous of my partner's Autonomous motorized standing/sitting desk. No matter how often I get up and stretch, I'm always in pair before 2pm. I'm finally going to make the leap and get a standing desk. Does anyone know of an alternatives, hopefully cheaper motorized standing desks?

Of does anyone have experience with a Varidesk setup? I have looked into that, but I think I'll have a monitor issue. I think a Varidesk would have been fine when I was an attorney with a single monitor, but now I'm doing internet marketing and managing overseas dev teams, so I need 3x 27" monitors.

That's why the Autonomous Smartdesk is the only thing I can find that's going to suit my needs, multiple monitor support (I have no wall behind me so no mounting options) and motorized sitting/standing.

Also I'm going to get an Aeron for my work chair. I'm a bit out of the loop, but nothing has beaten the Aeron yet, right? I can find a used one somewhere so I don't spend an arm and a leg

Any suggestions or tips?

I've been looking for a new desk - my old one, which I bought when I was running triple monitors, is nice, but really just too wide now.

I've looked at as many sit/stand desks as I could find and 90% of them are basically the same thing - the same 2 or 3 frames with some minor variations in surfaces and accessories.

X-Desk is an exception, but I don't love their configurations
Biomorph is basically the Rolls Royce of workstations, but they are $$$ (and I think I'm fairly cost insensitive here)

My desk has an articulated keyboard surface (12"x48") which I love and nobody else has (except Biomorph)

If you're not picky, it seems like you can get a decent desk for $500-800

This is an old pic from about 4 years ago - you can see what I mean by dual surface - the whole desk goes up and down, but then the KB surface is on this arm that goes up and down in relation to the main surface and it tilts as well. Fantastic for getting your KB, monitor and desk all at the right height more or less independent of each other...

1625771024924.png

Last edited:
Back