1060 6gb Cards acting up badly

Cleaned the card fully new thermal paste no blown caps from what i can see an still i got random freeze and BSOD. nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

I only saw dust in the video.
Ya the card BSOD or causes windows not to boot. But i dont see anything physically wrong with it. I never had a card break from normal use. moreover is been sitting in an old tower as far as i know for a year or so

Ya the card BSOD or causes windows not to boot. But i dont see anything physically wrong with it. I never had a card break from normal use. moreover is been sitting in an old tower as far as i know for a year or so
Sucks but it certainly happens. Well outside the warranty window so you might have to get something new.

I had a gtx 970 that would freeze any time you did anything 3d. Fix for me was modding the bios to run the core about 210mhz slower. As far as I know that card is still working. For the 1060 in question, bsod could be a major fault or instability from age, but cleaning it probably won't fix anything. It could be anything on the card from the core to a voltage regulator.

I had a gtx 970 that would freeze any time you did anything 3d. Fix for me was modding the bios to run the core about 210mhz slower. As far as I know that card is still working. For the 1060 in question, bsod could be a major fault or instability from age, but cleaning it probably won't fix anything. It could be anything on the card from the core to a voltage regulator.
ya i was thinking of underclocking it, Its super random sometimes works for hours then sometimes a couple mins.

On a very "low tech" level, yes you can use something like 90% isopropyl alcohol or similar electronics contact cleaner by BW-100 or WD-40 and a tooth brush, but I doubt it's going to solve your problem unless there's residue that's sitting on some traces, contacts, SMDs, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I´ve managed twice to reach the maximum writes possible on my GPU ram.

On a GTX 580 and recently on a 1060 3Gb.

Both times it took around 7 years running it as a daily rig.

ok guys for now i found a cheap deal on facebook marketplace an got it installed MSI armor 570x $40 bucks. Im not a ultra gamer so far its been decent. I mostly play older fps games.

Back