Any noobies wanna play StarCraft: Brood War tomorrow (Saturday 2/26)?

Kabob

2[H]4U
I'm sure many of us are bummed that we're not in the SC 2 beta, and personally I'm not good at all at StarCraft, I was wondering if anyone (of the noobish skill level) wanted to play some Brood War tomorrow? I don't know if I've ever played BW online (I played the original SC a few times, don't think I ever won) but I'd love some practice in a friendly environment. I play on USEast (although if everyone else is on USWest I guess I can make a new acct).

If you higher skill people if you wanted to join and give some tips/ideas you'd be more than welcome.

Figure if I can't play SC2 I might as well learn how to play the series correctly.

My wife will be gone all day tomorrow (Science Olympiad tournament, she's the team coach) so I can play any time. Anyone interested?

Players
kabob983 - E -
shansoft -
AceCR42 -
Krenum -
TheBuzzer - W - FlyingBuzz
aKrippler - W -
Samson4EiT - E -
k0m - W -
TheResidentEvil -
CanesVenetici -

Last edited:
I totally suck in SC, but I love the game..

I might be able to join you if I have time tomorrow :)

btw, 2/26 is friday, not saturday..

Yeah, I love the game too but I gave up on playing online after getting ROASTED years ago. The longevity lies in the multiplayer though, if you can't get into that it's probably not worth buying. Might as well attempt to get good at it!!!

Sigh...it's Friday, I'm tired, I'm stuck at work and...well...I'm bad with dates? Forgive my calender mishaps. Edited the date for less fail.

Count me in, I actually have SC installed :)

Way cool!

What time works best for everyone?

Anytime for me really, won't be doing anything tomorrow.

If you have steam, add me (XI_Ace) so we can work out the details.

I do have Steam but I use it so infrequently I can't remember my SN :p

I'll check tonight.

lol same here, I suck at the game , but love to play it. I get my ass handed to me in multi-player games.....Just let me build my base! lol:(

lol same here, I suck at the game , but love to play it. I get my ass handed to me in multi-player games.....Just let me build my base! lol:(

My issue is "OK, I need to make a Marine so I'll make one Barracks. Hrm...I need more minerals, let me build one SCV, don't want too many of those. Maybe a Siege Tank, guess I'll make one Factory."

I took a ton of time to make units andI only made one building of each type and such. I now know that's not the way to do it but I'd always get blasted whilst waiting for a unit or two to come out. Now I see these guys online who make 40+ SCV's and 5 Barracks at a time and such...I've got a long way to go!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEN TO ME!!!

Every time when I start building my base, and trying to see which looks better, and by the time I just finish my first few building, there is a whole army "Guarding" my door way.. :(

I just installed it again the other night, but i have to work tomorrow.

Why dont we all just decide on USWEST or EAST then all join lets say the... HardOCP channel?

I used to be pretty decent (was never gosu or anything but better than anyone I know IRL) so I would be willing to help some newer guys learn theg ame if need be.

We could get some skype or a vent going if anyone has one we could use.

I'm interested. I just reinstalled yesterday and haven't played regularly in a good 5+ years. I used to be pretty good, total nub now. I played 3 games last night. The first was a 2v2 and I almost got anhilated right away as terran, but I was able to liftoff my command center and go into a corner /wrists lol. We ended up winning somehow but the next game the same partner was on my team again and as soon as he noticed me he left haha. The last was a draw. Needless to say, I needs some practise

Why dont we all just decide on USWEST or EAST then all join lets say the... HardOCP channel?

I used to be pretty decent (was never gosu or anything but better than anyone I know IRL) so I would be willing to help some newer guys learn theg ame if need be.

We could get some skype or a vent going if anyone has one we could use.

Works for me. I'm on USEast but I can make a West account if everyone else is on it.

I'm interested. I just reinstalled yesterday and haven't played regularly in a good 5+ years. I used to be pretty good, total nub now. I played 3 games last night. The first was a 2v2 and I almost got anhilated right away as terran, but I was able to liftoff my command center and go into a corner /wrists lol. We ended up winning somehow but the next game the same partner was on my team again and as soon as he noticed me he left haha. The last was a draw. Needless to say, I needs some practise

Sadly you sound a good bit better than the majority of us :p

Sadly you sound a good bit better than the majority of us :p

ha I think the way I simplified and generalized those games made me sound better than I am :cool: Going into detail you all would have a good laugh.

I made my account on USEast, not like it really matters as we can switch between them easily. I say let's let OP decide.

Me and some friends started playing casually last week on Battle.net.

We're on USWEST.

gtalk or e-mail : j @ jboek .com

i will try to make it. im not a newb though. Its been a long time since I played so i still dont win much though lol

I think the majority of players are on WEST.

So lets settle it, USWEST, channel hardocp this weekend.

Sort of a rapid executive decision...lets get some more people and I'll start a list of people who want to join in the OP.

Post your region preference. Also, anyone care on a time or is this an all day long event?

Don't have a preference as it's fresh. But I'll just say east. D'oh completely forgot about time frames, I'm going to be volunteering for the habit for humanity from 11am-5pm central time.

I've also got this same thing posted on AnandTech, we may have more than 8 though (the response here has been much bigger thus far though). We can go with the idea of making a lobby and going form there.

I'm central so don't really care, I'll just go with whichever has the most members.

Fine, way to be Switzerland :p

I'll do either. When do we want to star said lobby?

I'll be on in the middle of the day, 10 PM PST is like 1 AM here, I'll be long asleep by then.

I'm in! have to install SC and BW... Now am a total noob. I used to be hardcore in the past, but I haven't touched SC in a long long time, so am a noob.

Which realm are we playing and what channel?

Crap. I can't find my SC cd key anywhere. Guess I probably won't be coming... :(

Alright, I'm going to make a lobby on US West called "HardOCP." I've got to run an errand and when I get back hopefully a few of you will be there and ready, expect it in around 40 mins from now (10:45 Central or so).

Alright, I was disconnected whilst away, lobby is back up (I saw Ace joined).

3 of us online now, if you wanna join in send a message to US West Account name IKabobI. We'll be in channel hardocp when not playing.

Sure, im game since im so freaking pissed I didn't get a beta key. Dusting off my CD's right now...

if any of you were in the Seattle area I'd invite you over to play the SC2 beta on my machine. :p

Last edited:
Whew, played an hour and a half long FFA with Redleader and Ace, lots of fun but man that was long! (I'm used to playing games like MW2 where a "game" is 10 minutes long).

Back