Dell U2410

Wide gamut again? but it says it can reach sRGB mode also? True or marketing?

Its a Dell LP2475w.

psyside said:
Wide gamut again? but it says it can reach sRGB mode also? True or marketing?

Its primaries should be off compared to sRGB. at 96% adobe we don't know how far off until it is tested. I don't think sRGB mode has ever worked (maybe lp2480zx).

Last edited:
Seriously, how many people that buy this are going to edit their RAW photos in an extended colourspace?

No EA231WMi in Australia and Dell starts announcing WG IPS monitors. I need a miracle. :(

Crap. Wide Gamut. Sale lost. Essentially, this is the HP2475. Which we already have.

760$ for a 24 inch? no thanks

May be u gonna have Dell's "usual" coupons and discounts to lower the price.

Also its same price as W2408WFP on Japanese site. 69,000 yen.

Last edited:
May be u gonna have Dell's "usual" coupons and discounts to lower the price.

Also its same price as W2408WFP on Japanese site. 69,000 yen.

As I have been saying for almost a month it's the 2408 "replacement", and a similar stunt seems planned for the 2709.

Tim

An Anandtech thread proves it is using the lm240wu4 panel from the LP2475w

Interesting, Dell considers the 2209WA its "entry IPS panel". What those berk engineers fail to realise is that a hardware LUT and uniformity correction are needed for a pro level screen, making a colour critical feature like WG pointless.

edit - notices tdoran1 has known about it for ages.

Last edited:
An Anandtech thread proves it is using the lm240wu4 panel from the LP2475w

Interesting, Dell considers the 2209WA its "entry IPS panel". What those berk engineers fail to realise is that a hardware LUT and uniformity correction are needed for a pro level screen, making a colour critical feature like WG pointless.

edit - notices tdoran1 has known about it for ages.

What Dell seems to be "missing" right now is consistent QC, they are getting quite "bumpy".

Tim

Can someone give us a quick heads up on why wide gamut is a problem? I've been out of the game for a while now and will be looking to upgrade in a couple of months time - I use my Dell 2405 for graphics work and a bit of movie watching.

Cheers...

Can someone give us a quick heads up on why wide gamut is a problem? I've been out of the game for a while now and will be looking to upgrade in a couple of months time - I use my Dell 2405 for graphics work and a bit of movie watching

With wide gamut, people in the movies you watch will now have permanent sunburns.

Last edited:
Hmm. Maybe getting a few 2209WAs would be a better strategy now. :(

We'll see what Dell has to offer once they reveal their full "U" series of monitors.

Judging from this information, we need more WA series, not more U series. :p
2410WA e-IPS @1920x1200 would be snatched up.

Wow this is stupid, its the exact same as the HP... I hope they bring a 24" version of the 2209WA with HDMI that is just as good. :( Is there still any hope for such a monitor this year?

Wow this is stupid, its the exact same as the HP... I hope they bring a 24" version of the 2209WA with HDMI that is just as good. :( Is there still any hope for such a monitor this year?

Might be coming . . Chris M in Dell forums noted (for example, U2410, U2710, 2208WFP, 2408WFP), and has mentioned a 2210W , so more is "on the way".

Tim

Might be coming . . Chris M in Dell forums noted (for example, U2410, U2710, 2208WFP, 2408WFP), and has mentioned a 2210W , so more is "on the way".

Tim

Any ETA? God I really need a damn monitor, dont know how much longer I'm willing to wait.

Any ETA? God I really need a damn monitor, dont know how much longer I'm willing to wait.

All I know for sure, it will be well in advance of WIN7 roll out, so announcement could happen anytime, with availability by September.

WIN7 downloads start next week, so thing are getting into place.

Tim

Only if you use an un-color corrected OS or apps, right?

Technically right. Except that color managed apps are very rare.
I don't even think the desktop background in Windows 7 is managed yet? AFAIK there's not a single managed video player -- so yeah, sunburns for everyone.

Wide gamut -- better in photoshop, ridiculous in everything else.

Same here. The DVI port on my monitor burned out a while ago, and it looks like the VGA port may be next. Windows can't even auto-ID the monitor or its support resolutions anymore.

there is a patch for mplayer that introduces colour management. It needs a proper ICC profile to work though. I think the author's name was Yue Shi Lai.

LGD doesn't make 27" parts, so any U2710 will be a samsung LTM270. There aren't any other models listed on that certificate website that could indicate e-IPS. Frankly, THIS is the 24' IPS model Dell reps vaguely alluded to back in June.

Agreed. My monitor is currently on "smack it until the backlight turns on" life support.

Damn. I was hoping for that "right" 24" monitor.

Maybe I should get myself another 2407WFP A04. :(

If the Dell has a 12-bit LUT, maybe it will have a good sRGB emulation...?

If the Dell has a 12-bit LUT, maybe it will have a good sRGB emulation...?

NEC has 12-bit LUT as well and they don't have sRGB that is really that great either. Better than dells efforts but still not something hardly anyone chooses to use and I trust NEC to do a better job than Dell.

there is a patch for mplayer that introduces colour management. It needs a proper ICC profile to work though. I think the author's name was Yue Shi Lai.

Still a sad state of affairs to have try and track down hacks here and there to get normal looking colors in a handful of applications. Much better to have a normal gamut monitor and get normal color everywhere with zero hassles.

Oooooooh! Wide gamut! I'm soooooooo excited! I really like over-saturated colours! (sarcasm)
Well, Dell, probably just puts together what the company is offered and its marketing experts most likely don't know what is the "colour gamut" about anyway.

Back