Dual NIC issues in Windows 7 x64 RTM

Imaulle

[H]ard|Gawd
okay so I have two internet connections on my PC. one I have bound to IIS, and I'd like everything else to use the other one.

There has to be a better way to tell Windows which connections to use for various programs other then just sorting them in the advanced settings in network connections. When I'm surfing the web it seems that Windows will make connections to sites from both modems and it is constantly getting my sites all mixed up with IPs and I'm having to log in every time because the cookies are IP bound or something like that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

You might wish to look into teeming. Either that or messing with routing metrics through the route command. If you go with the latter, a thread I started with a similar issue might help.

You need to change the metric on the one that you want everything to use to be LOWER than the metric for the one that IIS is specifically set to.

Lower metric = default for outgoing

Metric is an option in the tcp settings somewhere. Advanced TCP settings, uncheck automatic metric, set one to like 10 (one for everything to default to) and one to 20 (IIS one)
Default is 10, so you could use like 5 and 15 if you wanted also. Whatever is clever.

Back