Razer THX Spatial Audio 7.1

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I have the regular 7.1 with a code that came with my Blacksharks which are really subpar headphones. Was wondering if anyone upgrade to the THX version that razer offers.
I guess all Headphone 7.1 is software side now and nobody makes seperate drivers or channels for Headphone anymore.

I tried the Free trial 15 days for THX Audio it sounds pretty decent like in Deadspace the sounds are isolated I think I'm going to pick the software up which is like 30.00 but they give you a 50% off coupon if you look for it. Even Windows 11 booting up sounds pretty cool with the Windows Chime. I'm using Non Razer Headphones but I'm not sure if you have to buy a set of Headphones to get the software it's running off my Ifi Zen Dac v2 as well.

Filter Applied (2)

Filtered by:

Competitive

Environmental

Competitive​

*NEWLY ADDED
Apex Legends
*Back 4 Blood
*Battlefield 2042
Battlefield: 1
Battlefield: V
CS:GO
Call of Duty Black Ops 4
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Warzone
Crossfire HD (China)
Destiny 2
Escape from Tarkov
*Halo Infinite
Hyper Scape
Knockout City
Monster Hunter: World
PUBG
Rainbow Siege Six
Tom Clancy’s Division 2
Warframe
World of Tanks Asia
World of Tanks Blitz
World of Warcraft: Subscription

Environmental​

*NEWLY ADDED
*ARK: Survival Evolved
Apex Legends
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Avengers
*Back 4 Blood*
*Battlefield 2042*
Battlefield: 1
Battlefield: V
CS:GO
Call of Duty Black Ops 4
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Warzone
Chernobylite
Crowfall
Cyberpunk 2077
Destiny 2
Doom Eternal
*Far Cry 6
Final Fantasy: XIV
*Forza Horizon 5
Genshin Impact
Grand Theft Auto V
Half Life: Alyx
Hyper Scape
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
Metro Exodus
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Monster Hunter: World
Outer Worlds
Outriders
PUBG
Path of Exile
RUST
Rainbow Siege Six
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 2
Roblox Jailbreak
Sekiro
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
Subnautica: Below Zero
Tom Clancy’s Division 2
Valheim
World of Tanks Asia
World of Tanks Blitz

Supported Games I think this software is worth it was looking for that same Immersion that My Steel Series 7.1 Arctics when I was playing Gothum City Impostors.
Back then you could hear the Amo refill device behind your neck it was pretty cool unable to find Headphones that did the same thing since then.

Last edited:
Yeah this thing is a total gamechanger for immersion wise I mean what was just noise before bring the entire soundstage of a game to life.

Supported Games I think this software is worth it was looking for that same Immersion that My Steel Series 7.1 Arctics when I was playing Gothum City Impostors.
Back then you could hear the Amo refill device behind your neck it was pretty cool unable to find Headphones that did the same thing since then.

Worth noting the SteelSeries Sonar audio software is free and can be used on any hardware.

https://steelseries.com/gg/sonar

So if you really liked that experience you can still use it.

p.s. If anyone has used "Nahimic" in the past, this is more or less the same thing. SteelSeries bought Nahimic back in 2020.

Yeah this Software makes everything sound good I haven't tried the Steelseries version but the Razer is Amazing. Alot of headphone reviewers skip the Software and just focus on the Headphone sound. Even my Jubiless Senns sound good but the Phillips X3s sound better the X2 is more immersive but the Bass can be overpowering in some games. I'm using Deadspace remake as a testing ground for all of them even though it's not listed as a supported game on the Razer THX list.

I stretched the X3s really apart to get over the Headband clamping even took a Velcro tie to them but removed it because it looked silly.

Keep in mind that something like the new DeadSpace remake has built in 3D headphone audio as it uses DICE's Frostbite 3 engine.

Also worth remembering that allot of this software works in different ways. SteelSeries Sonar, works by creating virtual speakers and then applying a HTRF (Head-Related Transfer Function) to that sound stage to emulate multi-channel audio that is more 3D like. This is the same thing Creative Labs SBX does and is something allot of software will do if there is no interface in the software for 3D audio. That interface for 3D audio... that's where software like Windows Sonic for headphones, Dolby Atmos Headphones, DTS Sound Unbound and THX's offerings can be awefully handy. They are all capable of making use of the 3D Windows Spatial audio engine. Which so long as a game/software supports it, allows for actual 3D audio that can do things like simulate sound from above and below.

Glad your enjoying it. I haven't tried the THX software yet but hope I get a chance soon.

Back