Project Mouse Trap

Jen

2[H]4U
Seen this idea and felt i would try and do same .

MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

MVC-006S.JPG

MVC-007S.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

did you actually fabricate the cage? was there welding involved? pls elaborate. : )

MassiveOverkill said:
Nice Jen.

thank you :)

stormshadow said:
did you actually fabricate the cage? was there welding involved? pls elaborate. : )

everything is fabricated except for the motherboard tray with backport atx plate. the frame is welded among a few other things. the panels themselves are siliconed in place .

today i am trying to cut for case doors , once i have this done i will have more pictures posted

hugs

Jen

sabrewolf732 said:
How did you do the perforations in the side panel for airflow?

MassiveOverkill said:
She didn't, that looks like a standard side panel from a cheapie case. Am I right Jen?

i reused the old side panels from another case i had here , just cut it down to fit . was very difficult for the panel with the vents . i think case was a inwin may be wrong on this.

will try to add more pictures later today after i have cut some holes in the side panel for the connections mouse / keyboard and video card etc .

trying to recover from yesterday of haveing to go see doctor , still very dizzy this morning

hugs

Jen

i wish i knew how to weld :(

coupla questions...

my just be the camera but are some of those frame pieces warped?

and what kinda paint scheme / exterior look do you have planned?

-(Xyphox)- said:
looks good jen, nice work so far

thank you

am hopeing the case will be in primer tomorrow so i can feel like i have done something

stormshadow said:
i wish i knew how to weld :(

coupla questions...

my just be the camera but are some of those frame pieces warped?

and what kinda paint scheme / exterior look do you have planned?

i am fortunate that my father had alot of tools that i am to use today . the welder is only one of those tools i find use often around this place.

camera is messed up , its my roomates . someday i will purchase a camera for myself that will take nice pictures

i will be haveing the case painted black same as i have done with my other cases .

today wasnt much i could do due to vertigo i suffer from . i did manage to cut the side case door for the mouse / keyboard connectors and also for the video card . this is all the holes that is necessary to be cut . the rest of cables will fit behind the case door and wont be of notice . i will somehow manage to hide the mouse / keyboard cables by tucking them back in to the case and out the back same with the other cables . the video cable i can do nothing about so this will be something that will be noticeable.

hugs

Jen

dimensions?

I've got a "try to cram an ATX mobo into as small a form factor as possible" project in the works here (need school's permission to use workshop, need to find square aluminum stock and sheets), and noticed you were trying something similar. Here are my dimensions (roughly):

13"Dx12"Wx10.5"H

n00btard said:
dimensions?

I've got a "try to cram an ATX mobo into as small a form factor as possible" project in the works here (need school's permission to use workshop, need to find square aluminum stock and sheets), and noticed you were trying something similar. Here are my dimensions (roughly):

13"Dx12"Wx10.5"H

9 inchs tall ,
11 inchs wide
14 inchs deep

if i was to make again i probably go another 1/2 inch taller . other than that this size will work well

hugs

Jen

Starting to look very interesting and good!

Looks tight but the airflow might be very good becasue it's a small space and the air goes in and out quick.

MC FLMJIG said:
Starting to look very interesting and good!

Looks tight but the airflow might be very good becasue it's a small space and the air goes in and out quick.

thank you ,

finished makeing bracket to hold hard drives and also mounted inside of case. lines will fit with a little of forming that is needed. lucky enough this time i am useing 7/16 line however this stuff flattens out easily . also waiting on a waterblock for the northbridge . hopefully i can adapt this block to work and to make mounting hardware for it as well . should have computer working by end of week

hugs

Jen

MC FLMJIG said:
BTW, in the baclground, are you modding a car? :D

Ya have skillz!

roomates project car , 1966 barracuda with 273 engine and 4spd transmission. needs to have engine rebuilt .

n00btard said:
wait a minute... where's the hard drive? :confused:

have made a bracket to place hard drive between pump and radiator , i will have pictures of this when i am done testing this e6300 which i have at 3200mhz now defualt voltage

hugs

Jen

MC FLMJIG said:
waiting...4 finished proj

have been sick for past week am still trying to recover from . havent finished testing maximum speed i can do . 3300mhz is elusive to me at this time , will need to check with memtest to see if its memory or board that is limitation . can boot up to 486 fsb in to windows but not stable.

sorry for lateness in posting new pictures ,

hugs

Jen

Beautiful work again Jen. The first case you posted was one of my favorite SFF cases on the boards, this is no different.

Hope you feel better :)

Jen said:
have been sick for past week am still trying to recover from . havent finished testing maximum speed i can do . 3300mhz is elusive to me at this time , will need to check with memtest to see if its memory or board that is limitation . can boot up to 486 fsb in to windows but not stable.

sorry for lateness in posting new pictures ,

hugs

Jen
:(

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better!

MC FLMJIG said:
:(

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better!

gigabyte released a new bios for which my fsb wall has dissappeared. i am now finishing testing cpu at 486 fsb , 3400mhz 1.4v . in another 8 hrs it will be done with orthos. then i can start placeing items in new case.

hugs

Jen

That is tight.

What is that on top of ram. Case looks good. Just ned some cleaning up ;)

MC FLMJIG said:
That is tight.

What is that on top of ram. Case looks good. Just ned some cleaning up ;)

scsi cable , i need to try to straighten out the cables in this case. very tight fit on most things . although i do have room in another location for a third hard drive.

hugs

Jen

Back