Solid upgrade from a MotoQ

djBon2112

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got a Motorola Q (original), and while it's just barely a year old, it's starting to show its age, both physically and in terms of usability. Can anyone recommend a good CDMA phone as a replacement? I'm looking for the same kind of features (e-mail, web, QWERTY), only more modern.

Sounds like you're on Sprint or Verizon. I highly recommend the Blackberry. It's a great all around device that is very stable. Their motto, "It Just Works". I use the 8830WE but I recommend the Curve. The Curve is an 8830 with a camera.

If you can wait, Blackberry has the Thunder & Bold due out soon. A good place to learn about the Blackberry is here. Good luck.

If you are a fan of your Moto Q (Original) then you can always upgrade while keeping the MotoQ features and useability. The Q has released several new models since their original Q Concept, including the Q9H, and Q9M. Both are updated versions of the Original, the Q9M I think is Verizons music version, and the Q9H is geared more toward the business users. The Q9H has updated its browser to Opera, and has included the Documents to go suite. Either way, both look like good upgrades from the original.

If you are looking to try something different, then I agree with lodingi. An upgrade to a blackberry would be a smart choice. The bold has just been launched and seems to be getting nothing but rave reviews. Its definatly worth a look.

Hope that helps!
Good Luck

If you are a fan of your Moto Q (Original) then you can always upgrade while keeping the MotoQ features and useability. The Q has released several new models since their original Q Concept, including the Q9H, and Q9M. Both are updated versions of the Original, the Q9M I think is Verizons music version, and the Q9H is geared more toward the business users. The Q9H has updated its browser to Opera, and has included the Documents to go suite. Either way, both look like good upgrades from the original.

It's important to point out that, in this case, the Q9h will not work for him: it's a GSM phone and is on the AT&T network (coincidentally, it's the phone I own), so he can't use it on a CDMA network. :)

I'm with Telus in Canada just to let you guys know ;)

I hadn't heard much about the new Qs, so I think I'll go looking at them.

Sprint has the Q9c which I will be upgrading to in another paycheck or so. From what I hear all the problems the original Q had are gone in the Q9c.

Back