Red dead redemption emulation vs Xbox hardware

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to play RDR as I’ve never played the original. I bought the Xbox 360 version to have, just for peace of mind. Is there a real way to emulate it? My HTPC with its WX4100 gets about 18 fps in Xenia and it’s an I3 8300. Will my Ryzen 5800x/ Rx6700xt run it at 30 fps? Or should I get an Xbox just to play RDR? I don’t have my good computer set up at my house yet. I don’t really want an Xbox but I do want to play through RDR.

when i tried it with my sig system, fps was all over the place and i wouldnt play it like that. switch might be a good option to try or id just run it on xbox.

Digital Foundry did a video on it. One of the tests was with a 6800 XT, but running it paired with a 12900K. He has some settings recommendations you should take a look at.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMaJHGnGDU

1700246879662.png

My monitor has freesync and I think it goes down to 40 FPS while maintaining VRR. I think I could probably lock it at 40 fps and be happy if it would maintain that. I played through GTA5 on the 360 and that was 30 fps as far as I remember … but also my monitor is 1080p. I just have to get the time to set up the computer again

Back