fuzzy34's SG01

fuzzy34

Am I Really Still [H]ere?
I went to SFF simply because I just like having the smaller case. No other reason that than, well, I did get tired of carrying my tower when i went places....

More pictures later when I get a chance to take them :)

P4150001.jpg

P4150004.jpg

dont worry.....i'll try to get the pictures up tonight if i have time to take them

well, here they are!!! forgive my nonflash/blurry pictures...i took both flash and non flash for the lights

any tips on wiring would help being this is my first SFF, and i've been used to having a lot more room in towers

heres the left side

P7190004.jpg

P7190005.jpg

right side

P7190006.jpg

P7190007.jpg

angle

P7190008.jpg

ram / under psu

P7190009.jpg

P7190010.jpg

high angle

P7190011.jpg

P7190012.jpg

ram lights

P7190013.jpg

video and wireless cards

P7190014.jpg

close up of 60mm fan touching video card and prevent that piece from going in right

P7190015.jpg

northbridge deep down

P7190016.jpg

here is a link to full size pics if you want...http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mwgarcia/

pleeeeeeeeeeease clean up those wires, oh the humanity!!!!!!!
nice overall system though, I like your setup man.

randy5554 said:
There's no window, so it's ok for the wires to be a bit messy, right? ;)

right, and anyway, they are clumped in a spot that doesnt need high airflow

That is a pretty neat computer.

No window, I wouldn't worry about those wires.

How is gaming on wireless working for you?

Met-AL said:
That is a pretty neat computer.

No window, I wouldn't worry about those wires.

How is gaming on wireless working for you?

While I'm out at school, I'm plugged into the house lan. But here at home during the summer, wireless works great. I can't really tell the difference actually, while gaming. File transfer on my home network...now thats a different story ;)

fuzzy34 said:
While I'm out at school, I'm plugged into the house lan. But here at home during the summer, wireless works great. I can't really tell the difference actually, while gaming. File transfer on my home network...now thats a different story ;)
Hey fuzzy can you list your parts and prices. Im building a sff soon. Except ill have a 7900 :D

fuzzy34 said:
any tips on wiring would help being this is my first SFF, and i've been used to having a lot more room in towers

heres the left side

P7190004.jpg

The USB and front panel wires can be run underneath the motherboard. Of course, at this point, that would require a complete disassembly. As I'm running them, I tape them down about every 3 inches with masking tape to hold them in place. The reason I use masking tape is because it's not too sticky, so if I need to rearrange the cables (and I did about 20 times), they come up easily and don't leave a sticky mess.

Before the motherboard goes in, snake the USB cables along the base of the case (flat) past the front of the HDD cage (right side as you look from the front of the case). Run them about 1/3 of the length of the motherboard along the right side, then curve them to the middle. Then, turn them towards the back of the case (at about dead center of the motherboard), and curve them back to the left once you are about an inch from the back-plate. At that angle, coming back towards the front of the case, you'll be able to fit them between the motherboard and the edge of the case.

The same goes for the front panel wires. Run them inside the USB cables (read left of the USB cables as you look from the front of the case). The reason you have to snake them around is because you need to avoid the heatsink back-plate. The USB cables are too thick to run underneath this. Also, the cables are very long, so snaking them around helps take up the slack.

I'm going to borrow my girlfriend's digital camera next weekend and take some shots of my setup (inside and out). Showing you is a lot easier than trying to explain it. As it stands, the way your cables happen to be arranged doesn't seem to hurt your airflow.

5tharrow said:
The USB and front panel wires can be run underneath the motherboard. Of course, at this point, that would require a complete disassembly. As I'm running them, I tape them down about every 3 inches with masking tape to hold them in place. The reason I use masking tape is because it's not too sticky, so if I need to rearrange the cables (and I did about 20 times), they come up easily and don't leave a sticky mess.

Before the motherboard goes in, snake the USB cables along the base of the case (flat) past the front of the HDD cage (right side as you look from the front of the case). Run them about 1/3 of the length of the motherboard along the right side, then curve them to the middle. Then, turn them towards the back of the case (at about dead center of the motherboard), and curve them back to the left once you are about an inch from the back-plate. At that angle, coming back towards the front of the case, you'll be able to fit them between the motherboard and the edge of the case.

The same goes for the front panel wires. Run them inside the USB cables (read left of the USB cables as you look from the front of the case). The reason you have to snake them around is because you need to avoid the heatsink back-plate. The USB cables are too thick to run underneath this. Also, the cables are very long, so snaking them around helps take up the slack.

I'm going to borrow my girlfriend's digital camera next weekend and take some shots of my setup (inside and out). Showing you is a lot easier than trying to explain it. As it stands, the way your cables happen to be arranged doesn't seem to hurt your airflow.

I think I understand what you said, but I'm sure the pictures will help a lot :cool: Thanks!

My pics have been delayed because A) My girlfriend forgot to bring her camera this weekend and B) I messed around with my second rig and well, I spent what little free time I had over the weekend fixing it.

So, my new plan is to take the pictures NEXT weekend. :)

5tharrow said:
My pics have been delayed because A) My girlfriend forgot to bring her camera this weekend and B) I messed around with my second rig and well, I spent what little free time I had over the weekend fixing it.

So, my new plan is to take the pictures NEXT weekend. :)

Haha, better late than never, lol :p

Back