Fallout 4

I have never used the Nexus mod site before or modded Fallout 4, but I downloaded the Mod Pack that fixes and enhances the latest update from Bethesda.
How do I know if the mods are actually working in game? I have the Steam Version of Fallout 4, btw.

View attachment 652857
I don't know about their newest version, but I've read about the Nexus mod manager having issues in the past. I'd use Wabbajack instead.

https://www.wabbajack.org/

Wabbajack modlists can also be found on Nexus and other places.

Hopefully the PC version gets more attention that it did with the last patch. Maybe at least a fix for weapon debris? I don't think it's too much to ask for a fix for one of the basic system options.

Either way, I'll just keep plugging along. I'm thinking that after I finish all the DLC, I'll probably be close to level 50. That's only having barely touched the main story. With all the fusion cores I've found I might just rock power armor full-time for the main quest.

Hopefully the PC version gets more attention that it did with the last patch. Maybe at least a fix for weapon debris? I don't think it's too much to ask for a fix for one of the basic system options.

Either way, I'll just keep plugging along. I'm thinking that after I finish all the DLC, I'll probably be close to level 50. That's only having barely touched the main story. With all the fusion cores I've found I might just rock power armor full-time for the main quest.
Would like an official fix for the loading time issue, too. These are all outstanding issues that have been around for 9 years.

i keep seeing that, mine seems fine. i also keep seeing people comparing to the ps5s....
got it on an nvme?
Yes, it's installed on my SN850X. Transitioning from indoors to out and vice versa takes as long as an HDD. It took anywhere from 20-45 seconds when I was playing around with the new patch after it came out. It should only take a few seconds if the loading screen wasn't tied to the framerate.

Yes, it's installed on my SN850X. Transitioning from indoors to out and vice versa takes as long as an HDD. It took anywhere from 20-45 seconds when I was playing around with the new patch after it came out. It should only take a few seconds if the loading screen wasn't tied to the framerate.
ah so its a post-patch thing, did not realize that because i saw old vids from years ago complaining about it. is the high fps patch still broken?

Haven't tried it yet post-patch, but it was always a thing as far as I can remember.
The first time I played it, it would take upwards of 2-3 minutes to load. Transitioning to one cell to another (opening a door into or outside a building) would take even longer, especially in downtown Boston.

I found if I alt-tabbed during a load screen, it would speed things up considerably since the frame rate would go up over 100fps sometimes.

Just finished Vault 88. Popped the overseer as soon as I walked in the door, don't need no turncoat,lol.

Clearing out the vault was a blast, literally. The bosses in each section, oh snap! Half a dozen nukes, dozen or so missles and more. Soon much fun.

The first time I played it, it would take upwards of 2-3 minutes to load. Transitioning to one cell to another (opening a door into or outside a building) would take even longer, especially in downtown Boston.

I found if I alt-tabbed during a load screen, it would speed things up considerably since the frame rate would go up over 100fps sometimes.
The high FPS mod that works via F4SE fixes this. It raises the frame rate to like 300+ FPS during loading only so the scripts are ran through faster.

The high FPS mod is basically the only 'must have' mod on PC, and because it's via F4SE dll injection it doesn't remove achievements either or screw up save games.

The high FPS mod that works via F4SE fixes this. It raises the frame rate to like 300+ FPS during loading only so the scripts are ran through faster.

The high FPS mod is basically the only 'must have' mod on PC, and because it's via F4SE dll injection it doesn't remove achievements either or screw up save games.
I have used it on 2 play throughs before with varying success.
I was just making a statement declaring that the bug is pre-patch and has been around since the beginning.

Have you compared this mod to Load Accelerator?
I heard great things about that mod but I have never used that one since I always had FO4 on a HHD (yeah I know, the horror), but the next time around I will give it a shot.

It's honestly pretty wild how massive the DLC's are in this game. I'm finally finishing up Nuka World and I spent more time exploring that area than most stand-alone games. My only disappointment is that it seems like all the gangs are using the same gear with different paint. At least minus things like glasses and hats. I was kinda hoping for some more unique weapons. I've hit the point where I don't pick up anything that isn't legendary and like 1/2 of my arsenal = totally worthless even maxed out.

Have you compared this mod to Load Accelerator?
You can just use RTSS.
  • Turn off V-Sync for the game by setting iPresentInterval to 0.
  • Enable the HotkeyHandler plugin in RTSS by checking the box next to it on the Plugins tab in Setup.
  • Highlight HotkeyHandler.dll and click Setup.
  • Click the text box next to "Toggle framerate limiter" and record the keyboard shortcut you want to use.
  • Add a profile directed to Fallout4.exe where it's installed.
  • Set the framerate limiter to 60 by clicking on the text box, typing 60, and pressing enter.
1715665443857.png
Now you can use that shortcut to flip between 60 FPS and no cap.

Last edited:
Back