A tale of three x670e boards…

Sayenah

n00b
All, I know you must be tired of seeing this type of question but whenever I am lost regarding a new build I find answers with the veterans of HF. So here is my motherboard selection dilemma:

a) ASUS x670e HERO: Love the ATX form factor! coming from Intel I am used to ASUS BIOS. The board also has an x4 slot where I can shove in an Optane druve to run Windows without taking away lanes from GPU. Love this board but heard too many complaints.

b) MSI MEG ACE x670e: GREAT board! Never used MSI’s AMD offerings before. Seems to be recommended a lot. I am just not used to MSI but love the feature set. Not sure if this one has TB4 but that’s a very nice to have feature. EATX nonsense.

c) ASRock x670e Taichi: another contender that I shortlisted. Has the same feature set as the boards above but doesn’t have an x4 slot for a fast optane system drive. Love the look, and seems to be the one with the least problems. EATX nonsense.

which one would you pick?

P.s. will be paired with 7950X3D/4090/1600w PSU/2x32 6000c30 RAM

Last edited:
I've built with many MSI boards on the AM(X) platforms and have had literally no issues with any of them. That doesn't mean the chip sets had no inherent issues but somehow MSI managed to effectively mitigate the symptoms of those issues. One example of this was intermittent usb dropouts on B450 and X570 chip set based boards that went unresolved for quit awhile. I had an itx Gigabyte B450 that constantly had the usb dropout issue until I fixed it by reducing the Fclock drive strength.

Back