13900K - Out of Video Memory or BSOD during shader compilation in two UE5 games

Hi. I have an question. I updated to newest F6g bios from gigabyte site. No issues now. But today i was on gigabyte site and they deleted that bios. Any ideas why? If its working stable
ask them. it could be that it was a beta and they are putting up the non-beta, who knows, now that its gone we cant look at it...

Ah someone on random post in gigabyte/reddit said this:"
Every single time they are preparing an updated BIOS, they are removing the previous ones - even if there are betas or even final versions.

So don't panic, your current Bios version is not having any issues, even if it's not displayed there anymore... It's just the weird way in which Gigabyte is choosing to perform this update process on their site."

It was from 2022 some post,but i am more patient now.

So i think you re right pendragon saying this:"" they are putting up the non-beta"

Eh i installed new nvidia drivers and the same issue back. Wheas 19 during first shader compilation in Lords of the Fallen. Also crashing with out of video memory in Remnant 2 in launching. What should i do?

Edit Ok changed to PL 1 and PL 2 power limits to 253 . And Core Current Limit 307. No issues now.

But i have an question. When i am in bios. This looking like this:
Package Power Limit 1 - TDP ( WATTS )
Package Power Limit1 Time
Package Power Limit2 ( WATTS)
Package Power Limit2 Time
Platform Power Limit1 ( WATTS )
Platform Power Limit1 Time
Platform Power Limit2 ( WATTS )
DRAM POWER LIMIT 1,2
Core Current Limit ( AMPS )

So i am changing just Package Power Limit 1 - TDP (WATTS ) to 253
Package Power Limit 2 ( WATTS ) to 253
and Core Current Limit ( AMPS ) to 307

Did i change good?

Last edited:
kind of don't understand the first part of that since we're already here posting about it in the intel processor section and there's another thread in HW News? but anyway, there have been a few videos on the subject, just none from gamers nexus. like i was saying in the thread in hardware news, he's a hardcore intel fanboy and i'm sure wants to stay on intel's good side. but you never know, they may be working on something behind the scenes? hard to say. but he's HAD to have heard about this by now, it's been everywhere. even nvidia and intel have both made official statements on it but intel is suppose to be making a second official statement sometime this month, maybe he's waiting on that? we don't know. feels a little weird he's been dead silent on it this long, the story broke in February. [...] snip
Wish granted:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42-vz71hlJI

Also not sure where 'GN are Intel fanboy' comes from... the phrase 'thanks Steve' comes from them roasting Intel.

HUB weighs in on twitters:

Intel has released an official statement regarding the 13th & 14th gen recommended Intel default settings. There’s no ‘Baseline” profile for the K-SKU parts. There's an “Extreme” 253W PL1/PL2 profile and a “Performance” PL1 125W/PL2 253W profile. The Extreme profile is what we just tested, the performance profile could be much slower, depending on the workload.Now Intel says depending on the motherboard’s capabilities, either of these profiles is recommended, or enabled by default. So how do you know if you have a ‘Performance’ or ‘Extreme’ motherboard?Furthermore, there’s no motherboard certification program for this, all LGA1700 boards still claim support for the 14900K as an example, but some are hard locked to a 95W limit (can only sustain around 65w), and therefore can’t even run the “Performance” profile.Of course, this has all been kept vague to Intel’s advantage. Have a $700 motherboard that can’t run your 14900K stable? That’s because you’re using the extreme profile, you’ll need to drop those heavy workloads down to 125w with the performance profile for around a 20% performance decrease.

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1788346094646448184

Before changing power limits ( AUTO ) my clock was 5700mhz. Now after changing power limits is balancing in game between 5270-5370mhz in game. Is this normal?

Last edited:
And yeah i know, i am a noob : ) D. Never was touching bios settings.

So what are differences between P1 Auto P2 Auto and P1 253 P2 253 ? ( core limit is 400A ). And cpu clock is 5677mhz

Last edited:
Before changing power limits ( AUTO ) my clock was 5700mhz. Now after changing power limits is balancing in game between 5270-5370mhz in game. Is this normal?
13900k is 5.5ghz all core, and 5.7 ghz for 2 cores.

pl1 253w/pl2 253 would be plenty to sustain 5.5 or better, in a game.

I would say that maybe you have some other settings incorrect, after you have been trying various things to fix your crashing issues. I would update your bios if you haven't, clear your CMOS, and re-do all of your settings from scratch, with Intel's guidelines for 253w.

i will leave it 253W on PL and PL2 and 400A. Clock is 5677mhz. Looking good now, i think all is stable. But to be sure i am waiting for new drivers ,install , and then check again if it crash on first time on shader compile in LOTF and Remnant 2. : )

i will leave it 253W on PL and PL2 and 400A. Clock is 5677mhz. Looking good now, i think all is stable. But to be sure i am waiting for new drivers ,install , and then check again if it crash on first time on shader compile in LOTF and Remnant 2. : )
stop it, just leave it, its works so stop fucking with it.

Someone said this to me:"Just finished this game last week, I am on a 13900KS on 5.9Ghz (Direct Die cooled, PL1 and PL2 are untouched so their 4096, though I am seeing 310w tops from HWINFO) and never had issues with the shader compilation nor with game loading.."

So he was stable on AUTO ( 4096 ) then. Why me not?

Someone said this to me:"Just finished this game last week, I am on a 13900KS on 5.9Ghz (Direct Die cooled, PL1 and PL2 are untouched so their 4096, though I am seeing 310w tops from HWINFO) and never had issues with the shader compilation nor with game loading.."

So he was stable on AUTO ( 4096 ) then. Why me not?
Bolded part is your answer.
Also probably he has a better chip/ better silicon quality, than you.

IMO you're toying too much with your system for a number that most likely wouldn't benefit you in gaming.
5.9ghz vs 5.7ghz is a measly ~3,5% difference. I really doubt you're playing and looking at the FPS counter and going 'oh man, that 3 percent less in frequency is killing me, this game sucks without it' .

I have an last question. If...
Package Power Limit 1 = 253 Package Power Limit 2 = 253 Core Current Limit = 307

5.2-5.3Ghz during Lords of the fallen. Then my its called downclock yes?I mean i dont change ratio but limit to 307 and clocks are lower than INTEL specs?

But at least is stable during first shader compile ( after fresh installed drivers ) and no crashing in loading screens in Remnant 2.

Wish granted:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42-vz71hlJI

Also not sure where 'GN are Intel fanboy' comes from... the phrase 'thanks Steve' comes from them roasting Intel.

if you know, you know. a few of us have discussed it here before. he seems to be hiding it better these days but like i said, this story broke in early february and it's taken it till the middle of may for him to make a video on it or even mention it at all. i guess it doesn't help the fact that it's taken intel till now just to tell people not to run your computer at stock settings or risk frying your chip. which seems like the most backwards thing i've heard in a while but we are living in clown world now so just when you think you've heard it all, you get surprised once again.

So problems resolved. : ) No crashing on first shader loading during Remnant 2 and Lords of The Fallen.
Just using P1 253 P2 253W and Current Core limit: 400A. Clock 5677mhz

I bought a 14900k, messed with it for two weeks and returned.

Random crashing, Dll errors, thermals, stability issues in some games but not in others and having to modify settings based on games....I was getting PTSD flashbacks to 2007 cpu issues and crysis lol.

Meanwhile my other rig with 7950x3d has been rock solid with zero headaches.....and to quote Todd Howard....it just works

So in AUTO bios config i had crashes when preparing shaders during first launch after installed drivers in Lords of The Fallen or Remnant 2 OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY errors in loading screens or in shaders too in first time. Clock cpu was 5700mhz.

But after changing power limits P1 253 P2 253 and Core Limit 400 , i am finally resolved crashing. No crashing.

But today i after playing Remnant 2 i saw WHEA LOGGER INTERNAL PARITY ERROR. 1 event.

What should i do resolve this? Go to Core Limit lccmax 300? But on 300, clock is flutuating in games between 5270-5370mhz.

So in AUTO bios config i had crashes when preparing shaders during first launch after installed drivers in Lords of The Fallen or Remnant 2 OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY errors in loading screens or in shaders too in first time. Clock cpu was 5700mhz.

But after changing power limits P1 253 P2 253 and Core Limit 400 , i am finally resolved crashing. No crashing.

But today i after playing Remnant 2 i saw WHEA LOGGER INTERNAL PARITY ERROR. 1 event.

What should i do resolve this? Go to Core Limit lccmax 300? But on 300, clock is flutuating in games between 5270-5370mhz.
ffs. are you just trolling now? holy fuck...

Ebay it....buy 7800x3d....enjoy games

Someone said this to me:"
307A will lower frequencies and is way too low for 14900K anyway. 400A is confirmed Intel max. spec.
Do not, ever, accept any setting that lowers frequencies to get you stable. Chip should run at Intel spec frequencies or straight into RMA."

So rma cpu if my frequency is lower on 307A but stable?

Hey guys. I will go to COre current limit 350A and test. I think will be fine. 400A i think was too high so it throws WHEA once during Remnant 2.

Someone said this to me:"
307A will lower frequencies and is way too low for 14900K anyway. 400A is confirmed Intel max. spec.
Do not, ever, accept any setting that lowers frequencies to get you stable. Chip should run at Intel spec frequencies or straight into RMA."

So rma cpu if my frequency is lower on 307A but stable?
Yes. You got the short end of the silicon lottery.

Ok finally all issues resolved :) :) Thanks to you guys. So i installed 3 times different gpu drivers. And launched Remnant 2 and Lords of The Fallen. During first shader compilations no crash and no wheas.
Here are my settings:
P1 253W , P2 253W , Core Limit 400A
Load Line Calibration HIGH.

all stable, but pc was loud and there was high temps during shaders.

Back